When an offer is made on your property I will present it to you after first carefully reviewing it. Together, we will go over every section, and I will make sure that you understand what the buyer is asking for.
Along with an offer, the buyer may deposit earnest money and offer an option fee. The earnest money will be kept at a title company in the care of an escrow officer, and will be applied to the buyer’s down payment or closing costs at the close of the sale.
You can choose one of three options in considering an offer. You can accept it, reject it, or make a counteroffer. A counteroffer is basically a new offer from you to the buyer. The ultimate decision is going to be yours but you don’t have to make it alone; I will offer counsel and advice based on my experience in negotiating many contracts. After all, this is what you hired me for!
When an offer is generated on your home I will do the following:
- Present the offer to you personally.
- Have the cooperating Broker share Buyer Qualifications.
- Go over every item in the contract with you so that you thoroughly understand what the buyers are offering and what they are asking for.
- Discuss all offers with you in private, after listening to the other agent.
Give you as much input as I possibly can, regarding:
- Current market and finance activity.
- Other sales to date.
- Broker comments